Organization leaders with "All Access" or "Limited Access" permissions with access to messaging have the ability to message the members of their organization. From this area messages can be composed and delivered to various combinations of organization members and officers. There are two criteria that student leaders can use to define the message recipients:
1. Positions (Primary Contact, Member, President, etc.)
2. Specific Members
Using these two criteria a student leader can construct a delivery statement that reads as follows:
Send this message to the following [positions] as well as any of these [specific members].
Student Leaders can also send messages to all members of their organization, excluding specific individuals as appropriate.
To create a message:
1. Log in to your campus site.
2. Go to your organization's page.
3. Go to Roster on the left side of the page.
4. Click on the "Messaging" link.
5. Click "Send Message" under the appropriate delivery method.
6. Create a delivery statement using the criteria lists by clicking "Edit" on each component.
7. Enter a Subject line for the message and the body of the message.
8. Click "Preview" to send yourself the message for review.
9. Click "Send" to send the message to your indicated recipients.
** Remember that messages are sent within the system and then out to an e-mail address if the user has not opted out of receiving messages via e-mail in their notification settings. **
** The same process and options are available to send text messages to those users who have identified a mobile phone number in their notification settings. Access the Texts (SMS) tab on the Messaging page to send/view text messages. Text messaging is only available if your campus has purchased the appropriate software package.
Due to the nature of SMS messaging, this method of communication is not instantaneous and should not be used as the only means of communication when you need to ensure delivery of a message. **