posted this on September 2, 2010, 3:40 PM
1. Log in to your campus site
2. Click on the Administration option on the homepage of your Collegiatelink site
3. Click on the "Elections" drop-down list at the top of the page
4. Select the "Election List" option
5. Click on the “Create Election” button
6. Identify the Name of the election, if it should include instructions, and any additional (custom) instructions that should be included
7. Indicate if the election should be active and the date range you’d like the election to be available during
8. Check the "Display an alert on the system homepage when the election is active and voting is open" if you would like the alert to be displayed when users log into the site
** Once the election is set to Active and it falls within the date range, a prompt will display on the main page of your site for eligible users to vote. **
8. Click “Create”.
You can create as many ballots as needed. Each ballot can be accessible to the general user population or any number of the eligibility lists. A user will see each ballot they are designated to see.
8. Click “Create Ballot”.
9. Enter the name of the ballot.
10. Indicate if this ballot should be available to all users by clicking on Enable or Disable.
IF you Disable the General access option, THEN:
11. Indicate for each Eligibility List who should access this ballot:
12. Click “Save” when all access has been identified.
** You are now taken to our form builder, with limited question types. Please see Form Building for complete instructions on creating/editing questions. **
** You can always access the ballot title and eligibility list settings via the “Properties” button in the top right corner of the form building page of your ballot. **
13. Click “Ballots” when you have created all of the questions for this ballot to save your information.
14. Repeat steps 8-13 for each ballot needed.
You have now built your election. Be sure that it is set to "Active" so that the prompt will display on the main page of your site for eligible users to vote.
Support Software by Zendesk