** Organizations must be set up on the site prior to their active involvement. This can be accomplished through a registration process (see Organization Registration Process for details) or by manually creating them. **
** Only campus administrators can create organizations using the following instructions. If you are a student looking to create a new organization, please contact your Student Activities Office for information. **
1. Log in to your campus site.
2. Go to the Administration tab at the top of the page.
3. Go to Organizations on the left side.
4. Click the “Create Organization” button at the top of the page.
5. Enter the Official Name and Acronym/Nickname for the organization. Include a Summary of the organization that will be displayed on the Organization Directory page. A brief description can be included but is not required.
6. Begin typing the name of the parent organization and select the appropriate existing organization from the populated list, if applicable.
7. Enter an e-mail address associated with the organization, if applicable.
8. Select the Organization Type from the drop-down menu.
9. Enter a non-campus website associated with the organization, if applicable. Be sure to include the "http://" with the web address.
10. Enter the Web Site Key (e.g., the Chess Club key is chess-club). This will be the end of the website for the specific organization through your campus site.
11. Provide Facebook or Twitter URLs for your organization, if applicable.
12. Identify the Primacy Contact for the organization. Begin typing the person’s name and select the appropriate person from the populated list.
13. Complete any additional fields that were applied to the Group Profile.
14. Click “Create Organization”.
You are now taken to the profile for the new organization. You can update what you just entered under the Properties tab and upload a profile picture for the organization.
1. Enter additional contact information for the new organization under the Contact Info tab.
2. Create a new position just for this organization under the Positions tab.
3. Assign specific categories associated with the organization under the Categories tab.
4. Add learning outcomes to be associated with the organization under the Outcomes tab.