5. Identify the Name of the form and the date range you’d like the form to be available.
6. Identify if the form should allow public submissions.
Enabling Public Submissions means that anyone on your campus, in the community, or around the world can create a submission for your Form without logging into this system (as long as the Form is active and you have somehow published the URL). By default, all submissions for Public Forms are anonymous, because there is no effective way to differentiate between two anonymous submitters when authentication is not required.
Please note that because submitters cannot be effectively differentiated and there is no way to stop the same person from entering information more than once as an anonymous user, the option for "Multiple Submissions" cannot be disabled.
You may still create your own questions for collecting information on the submitter's name, contact information, and so forth; but keep in mind that because authentication is not required any individual may complete this Form using information that may or may not be accurate.
7. Identify if the form should accept multiple submissions from the same user.
8. Identify any access restrictions that should be in place for this form.
9. Click “Save”.
You are now taken to the Form Creation tool.
10. Click the format on the left side of the page of the question you’d like to add to the form:
Check Box List: Includes question text and answer set, where multiple answers can be selected.
Radio Button List: Includes question text and answer set, where only one answer can be selected.
Text Field: Includes question text and one text box as the answer, which can be formatted to the desired size.
Drop Down List: Includes question text and answer set, where only one answer can be selected.
Instructions: Includes question text with no answer set.
Single Check Box: Includes question text with a single checkbox on the left.
Ranking: Includes question text and answer set with ability to rank up to X number of items.
File Upload: Includes question text with ability to upload a file.
11. Type in text for the question and answer set, if applicable. Click “OK”.
** Text fields can be associated with an answer, e.g., Other (please specify), if needed.**
12. Click on a question and then “Edit” to make any adjustments to the question as a whole.
Update question text under the Properties tab.
Designate if an answer is required on the Properties tab.
Include a Tooltip for an answer choice. The specific text will display when the user hovers over the answer choice.
Include Additional Text to be associated with an answer choice. The specific text will display in a pop-up window after the user clicks on an “i” icon.
Add additional answer choices.
Reformat the size of the text box, either at the bottom of the properties tab or on the Answers tab by adjusting the number of rows to the desired size.
13. Click “Ok” when all edits have been made.
14. Repeat steps 11-14 for each question you’d like to add to page 1.
15. Click the “Page List” button on the top right side of the page to add more pages to the form.
16. Click “Page” under Add New on the left side of the page.
17. Repeat steps 11-14 above for each question you’d like to add to the additional pages.
18. Click "Back to List" when finished creating form.
By using the “Properties” button in the upper right hand corner of the Form Creation tool, you can set Notifications and Reviewers to form submissions.
To manage who receives notifications for each submission of the form:
1. Click “Notifications” to indicate the individuals who need to receive notifications of each form submission.
2. Search for the appropriate individual by name.
3. Click the green plus to the left of each individual to add them to the notification list.
Please note only users with the appropriate level of access will be able to review and/or manage submissions.
To manage reviewers for your form submission:
1. Click “Reviewers” to indicate what other individuals need to review the form prior to approval.
2. Search for the appropriate individual by name.
3. Click the green plus sign to the left of each individual to add them as Reviewers for this form.
4. Once all Reviewers have been added, check the box to the right of each individual you’d like to notify of their role and click “Notify Selected”.
Use the toggle to indicate if you’d like to enable Reviewer Workflow. Enabling Reviewer Workflow will allow you to specify the order in which each Reviewer added below will be able to access any given Form Submission and complete a review.
When Reviewer Workflow is enabled and a Form Submission is received, a notification will be sent to all Reviewers at "Level 1" informing them that a new Submission is available for review. Each Reviewer at "Level 1" will be allowed to access the Form Submission, make comments, and provide a recommendation for approving or denying the Submission. Please note that whether a Reviewer receives a notification message via email or only within their System Inbox depends on the Reviewer's personal Notification Settings.
No Reviewer at subsequent levels will be notified about receipt of the Submission, nor will they have access to review, comment on, or make a recommendation until all "Level 1" Reviewers have completed their review and submitted a recommendation.
Once "Level 1" review is complete, the process will be repeated for "Level 2" Reviewers (with the same restrictions now placed on those at subsequent stages of review such as "Level 3", "Level 4", etc.).
You will only have as many Levels as there are Reviewers added to the Form. You may add as many Reviewers to each Level as you wish. A Reviewer may only be added to a single Level.