** Only primary contacts and officers of an organization can create events. **
1. Log in to your campus site and go to your organization’s page.
2. Go to Events on the left side.
3. Click on “Create Event”.
4. Enter the Name, Location, Start Time, and End Time. These fields are required.
5. Indicate if you'd like to include a Google map to the location of the event.
6. Indicate if you'd like to include a link to the weather for the location of the event.
7. Enter a brief description of the event.
8. Attach a flyer to associate with your event. Supported files include image files (jpg, jpeg, tif, tiff, gif, png, bmp), office files (xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, doc, docx, pub, rtf), and html, htm, mht and pdf. Files must be smaller than 4MB.
** If your event does not have a flyer, it will not appear on the Event Flyerboard on the main site. See Events Flyerboard for further information. **
9. Specify the type of event:
Campus Only: Only visible to logged in users to your campus site.
Invitation Only: Only visible to those who were invited to the event.
Organization Only: Only visible to the members of the organization associated with the event.
Public: Visible to everyone.
10. Select the appropriate Category from the drop-down menu, if applicable.
11. Specify who can RSVP for the event:
None: No one can RSVP to the event.
Open: Any one can RSVP to the event.
Invite: Only those invited to the event can RSVP.
12. Indicate if anyone is allowed to self-report attendance to this event.
13. Indicate if you'd like a QR code created for the event. People will be able to scan this code to directly access the details of the event.
14. Include any Additional Information that may be required.
15. Click “Save”.
** Your campus may require each event submission to provide certain information. You will be prompted at this time to complete this information. **
** Based on your campus's settings, your event may require approval before you can invite individuals to your event. You can review your event and its status under My Involvement > My Submissions > Events. You may be contacted to update information if needed. **
16. Identify who you’d like to invite to the event: by username or e-mail address.
17. Click on each User to invite, and they will be listed below.
18. Type in the e-mail addresses of each person you’d like to invite. Click “Add E-mail Address”.